An Exam Prep Workshop for Teens & Parents
The end of the school year can be a challenging time for teens and parents. This is especially true for families and younger teens, many of whom are going through their first “real” exam period. This collaborative workshop for teens and parents will provide families with research-proven and teacher-approved strategies to manage stress, develop better study habits, and support each other through the more trying exam period. Each family will leave with practical resources so they can start studying smarter, not harder, right away. Parents and teens are encouraged to attend together.
Topics covered in this workshop will include:
• Building self-awareness of learning strengths and challenges to develop customized study plans
• Getting – and staying! – organized for exams
• Dealing with procrastination and other "brain drains"
• Easy and effective test taking tips
• Tackling exam day stress with mindfulness and positive self-talk
• Communication strategies
FOR: Teens & Parents
COST: $50 per person or $100 per family
VENUE: The Red Oak Centre, 446 Spadina Road Suite 206 M5P 3M2